Q. What is the difference between Microsoft office and O365??
Microsoft announced its office 365 versions (Cloud-Based). But many users still use the Microsoft office. They are not able to find out the difference between these two versions. I will try to explain the difference and then according to the user need they can choose the right one according to their needs.
It is the standalone product of the Microsoft. You need setup file for the installation. After the installation you can use it.
- This is the one-time purchase and you can use it as long as you want.
- In this, you will get the regular security updates.
- No cloud support available.
- Will get only security updates but not big feature updates available.
O365 is the cloud-based product. Without installing on the device, you can access it from the web-browser. For that, you should have a working internet connection.
- This is a subscription-based product. You can monthly or annually.
- It also supports cloud base storage.
- We can access O365 from anywhere and anytime.
- The team chat application is also available to communicate with team members.
Office 365 is the demand of the users as it is the cloud-based product. You can access your documents from anywhere and anytime. In case of any feedback, write in the below comment box.