Created FTP user on Ubuntu server but getting an error of login incorrect. Why??
I am using the Ubuntu server 18.04 here. I have installed an FTP server and also created an FTP user. But when I tried to connect the FTP site, gave me an error of 530 login incorrect.
Here FTP server IP is: 192.168.150.130
FTP user name: sm
Step Followed But No Success
- FTP user password reset and tried to log in again. But get the same error 530 login incorrect.
1. Firstly, I would recommend you to take the backup of the original FTP configuration file.
2. Open the FTP configuration file and locate the line pam_service_name.
# sudo vi /etc/vsftpd.conf
3. Change pam_service_name=vsftp to pam_service_name=ftp
4. Save the changes and close the file. Restart the FTP service once.
# sudo service vsftpd restart
5. Now, connect to FTP site and you will not get the error.
Read More: How To Install deb Package on Ubuntu.
Congratulations !! FTP 530 login incorrect error solved.