This article will help you how to install the CentOS 7, using the DVD ISO image, step by step with snapshots, this article is simple even for the new users.
CentOS 7.0 Installation Steps
1. The initial step is to download the CentOS and burn it to a DVD or make a bootable USB stick.
2. Boot from your bootable source (DVD or USB) and begin the installation process. First screen would be appear, choose the Install CentOS 7
3. The system will begin the process to load media installer and a Welcome To CentOS 7 screen would appear. Select your Installation Process Language and tap on Continue.
4. To set Date and Time, tap on Date and Time
5. And select your location and hit Done catch on the upper left side.
6. To set your Language Support and Keyboard settings. Go to Language support.
7. Choose your language for the system and click on Done
8. Now set the language for
9. You can add more language from here, click on + button.
10. Now choose the Installation Source.
11. I will recommend you please choose the default Auto-detected installation media. If you are using https, FTP or even additional repositories, need to specify here.
12. Next step is to choose the required software for your server. Click on Software Selection.
13. Select minimal installation for core server. If you need GUI interface, select the GNOME DESKTOP.
14. Now click on Installation Destination.
15. Next step is to select the hard disk and click on I will configure partitioning.
16. On the next screen, choose the LVM (LogicalVolume Manager) as partitioning scheme and click on Click here to create them automatically, which will create three required partitions using XFS filesystem.
- /boot – Non LVM
- /(root) – LVM
- Swap – LVM
17. You can create manually, hit the + button.
18. Choose the mount point, specify the size and click on Add mount point. You need to create three required partitions.
19. Partitions are made, hit on Done button and Accept Changes on the prompt window.
20. Next step to set up network and hostname, click on Network & Hostname.
21. Give FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) on Hostname filed, turn ON Network interface. If you have working DHCP server, it will automatically assign the IP address.
22. If you want to manually assign the IP address, click on Configure button and go to IPv4 tab. After that click on Add and give manually IP address, when you finished hit on Save button.
23. Now start the installation process, hit on Begin Installation button.
24. Set up a strong password for root account.
25. Next step is to create a user, for this tap on User Creation and you can also make this user administrator user.
26. As installation process completes, CentOS is now successfully installed message shown on the screen, it requires reboot to use.
Perfect! CentOS 7 successfully installed. Now remove any installation media and reboot the system. Good Luck !!